Showing: 1 - 1 of 1 RESULTS

Discussion in ' Great Deals ' started by RainJul 21, ServeTheHome and ServeThe. Biz Forums. Rain Active Member. Joined: May 13, Messages: Likes Received: RainJul 21, Skyfox New Member. Joined: Jul 21, Messages: 1 Likes Received: 2. SkyfoxJul 21, Joined: Feb 15, Messages: 6, Likes Received: 1, Nice deal! Glad to see more and more dropping!!!

X540-T2 no longer works

Deslok Well-Known Member. Joined: Jul 15, Messages: 1, Likes Received: DeslokJul 21, Joined: Mar 26, Messages: 1, Likes Received: Generally Twinax cables less than 5 meters in length are passive and greater than 5 meters in length are active, but this is a general rule of thumb and will vary from vendor to vendor. Deslok likes this. Real-world -- I have no experience comparing them both, someday soon Ha, thanks for the wiki article i was curious if anyone had inter rack experience with one versus the other, we just got a SGx 8f8t in today and will be installing it shortly seems like i should just pick whichever is cheaper since it offers 8 of each and i'm connecting 4 devices.

Still, a great deal if your case has the airflow or you add a fan for workstation. Haha ebay is weird.So i started looking for a new 10 gig car that would work with my NAS box since the ASUS i had from before will no longer work with it. As far as I know the Aquantia AQC chip that is used on the Asus xgc is not yet supported by Freenas on Windows and Linux it works perfectlyI read a while ago that someone is working on the drivers but nothing is coming soon.

The X and X as I understand have the same performance but the X being of an older generation is pcie 2. Still for both cards a good airflow is reccomended. Thanks for the info. When i really wont see the speed and the fans keep that unit very cool anyways. I have no hurry but the less time to wait the better. Put them in my video editing rig and they are massive work horses. So hoping to see the speed max out. Plus the 35megs of cache i bet they are work horses!

And you get a ton of pcie 3. Ya i got lucky on those 14 core Xeons only 2. For a really good price. The server has 2 3. I had put windows 10 on this machine with the ASUS card in it and i was getting transfer speeds of to 1gig depending if i was going ssd to server or ramdisk to server. So i know my computers will saturate a 10 gig card.

I was wondering if i should Link Aggregation this card on my server to my network or have 1 port to my network and one port direct to my work station.

I now have 2 ASUS 10gig cards and the left over one will fit in my work station so i could run my work station, 1 to my network and 1 to my server. As for the LinkAggregation, the Intel card supports it perfectly well, the Asus cards with the Aquantia chip not so sure, if you want just the server to have 20G to be able to handle multiple clients at once I guess you could go with it, if your switch has enough 10G ports I think it would be better to connect everything to it, easier to manage and less cables to run.

YA they do. Definitely Data center upgrades. Mostly that server is for Plex and fast access to my files in my house.

freenas x540 t2

But Right now i have it all just striping the drives. I could move some things around and run another line from my work station to the switch. It sits in the same rack as my server so i have plenty of room there. So I got the Intel xt2 and it works great.

I set the Buffalo switch port trunking on those ports. When i had Win10 on this server when i was testing it out. I had the ASUS xg-cc and i was getting full gig writes when using a ram disk on my sending machine. So i know i should be able to get more than i am.

But i also was only using 1 port not trying to use 2. As for the Link Aggregation, sometimes it can be a bit fiddly, on some Netgear switches that i used I had to play around a bit to get Lag working smoothly.

Maybe you have to assign certain priorities in the Traffic Control section. I have the NIC on ports 10 and If 1 port does i will probably just leave it that way for now.

I seam to have maxed out at now. Not really sure what is going on.Discussion in ' Networking ' started by breakawayMay 21, ServeTheHome and ServeThe.

Biz Forums.

Slow performance with Intel X540-T2 10Gb NIC

XT2 no longer works Discussion in ' Networking ' started by breakawayMay 21, Joined: Mar 27, Messages: 4 Likes Received: 0. So my XT2 just sort of broke. This card is from ebay so it is entirely possible it is counterfeit I did not know you can even fake this sort of equipment when I got it. Anyway, the card no longer works i. Code There are no compatible drivers for this device. I installed a known good card in the same box, same PCI-e slot - that works properly.

But device manager just shows "driver not installed".

freenas x540 t2

Is there anyway to fix this before I throw it away? Perhaps forcing update of the card's firmware somehow? Last edited: May 21, You must log in or sign up to reply here.

Home 10 Gig Network Upgrade for CHEAP

Show Ignored Content. Similar Threads: XT2 longer. Share This Page Tweet. Your name or email address: Do you already have an account? No, create an account now. Yes, my password is: Forgot your password? Dell XT2 Fan replacement?Donate to FreeBSD. Forums New posts Search forums. What's new New posts Latest activity. Log in Register. Search titles only. Search Advanced search….

New posts. Search forums. Log in. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Both cards are attached to a Netgear 10Gb managed switch and they both attach at 10Gb speeds. These are the only two cards on the switch and no VLANs are configured.

Very simple. I am looking to optimize my network performance between the two systems, but before I start making any tweaks, I just want to see how the cards configured themselves to compare apples to apples. I would like to match the settings between the cards as much as possible so they negotiate to the same rules. I can see all the setting in Windows by looking at the properties and the Intel driver settings, but I only have ifconfig to read the current operational network settings on the FreeNAS system, which may be enough and I just don't know how to read all the output.

For example, is flow control enabled? What are the receive and transmit buffers set to? What are the RSS queues set to? Using ethtool under Linux would give me a lot of this type of information, but there doesn't seem to be a FreeBSD version and based on other threads this is not needed and they circle back to ifconfig.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions for a tutorial on how to read the ifconfig output below or maybe a tool like ethtool that will show these advanced settings. If you're aware of any obvious tweaks, please share those too.Donate to FreeBSD. Forums New posts Search forums. What's new New posts Latest activity. Log in Register. Search titles only. Search Advanced search…. New posts. Search forums. Log in. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Thread starter cdunbar Start date Jul 19, It "felt" slow on some basic file transfers so I did some testing with iperf3. I am new to FreeBSD and have a few vague ideas of how to proceed, but would really appreciate some guidance.

The driver included in The latest listed on Intel's web site is 3. I'm willing to install it if anybody feels strongly that might help and can help me figure out how to do itbut that seems like a long shot. I also realize there are a bevy of tuning options I might try, but I am just beginning to investigate those. Thank you for any assistance. Regards, Chris.

Donald Baud Member Reaction score: 15 Messages: Hi Chris, run the command: netstat -ihw 1 make sure you don't have any "errs" nor "drops" during the iperf test. Donald - good idea! I ran the command and it reported zero drops or errors.

I feel a little like Frankenstein in a china shop, but I managed to test the latest Intel driver v3. Unfortunately that did not produce noticeably different results.What's new New posts New resources Latest activity. Resources Latest reviews Search resources.

Log in Register. Search titles only. Search Advanced search…. New posts. Search forums. Forum Rules. Log in. Register Now! Register for the iXsystems Community to get an ad-free experience and exclusive discounts in our eBay Store. JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Thread starter wuyish Start date Jan 13, Joined Jan 13, Messages 3. My FreeNAS 9. But the ports status is still no carrier,not active.

But why my card had the problem? Norleif Newbie. Joined Apr 13, Messages Joined May 29, Messages 12, We do have some rules here see the handy link in red at the top of each page and part of that is that we need more detailed information about your hardware, which would definitely include your switch type.

Make sure your switch port is not shutdown, and configured for autonegotiation. Also give us some idea of what happens if you plug into a 1GbE copper switchport. After you finish telling us about your hardware, that is. Norleif said:. Joined Oct 2, Messages I've had issues in the past trying to use SFP's that either werent compatible or something extra had to be configured for it to function.

Ah my bad, missed the T2 at the end. Joined Jul 14, Messages Similar display: card shows up as "running" and "up", but I get the "no carrier" tag. Tried removing the interfaces and re-adding them - no luck. Updated to the lastest FreeNAS 9. No dice. Ericloewe Not-very-passive-but-aggressive Moderator. Joined Feb 15, Messages 16, That's odd, Chelsio is supposed to work well.

So I'm thinking it's a bad NIC, and will replace it with another to see how that goes. Crossing my fingers! Huh, i have a second card from them i havent gotten to test yet but i will give it a whirl too.The browser version you are using is not recommended for this site. Please consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser by clicking one of the following links. Find a store. Get directions. Visit Website. Accelerate the delivery of new services and capabilities through intelligent offloads, sophisticated packet processing, and quality open source drivers.

Safari Chrome IE Firefox. Add to Compare Compare Now. Technical Specifications Expert Review. Technical Specifications.

Intel X540-T2 10Gb unsupported for FreeNAS 9.3

Essentials Status. Product Collection. Launch Date. Vertical Segment.

Cable Medium. Cabling Type. RJ45 Category 6 up to 55 m; Category 6A up to m.

freenas x540 t2

Bracket Height. Low Profile and Full Height. Supported Operating Systems. Networking Specifications Port Configuration. Data Rate Per Port. Package Specifications System Interface Type. PCIe v2. On-chip QoS and Traffic Management. Flexible Port Partitioning. Intelligent Offloads. Storage Over Ethernet.

View All. Retailers Shop for Products. Sorry we are not able to load the pricing info at this moment. Find a reseller. Contact Sales. Previous Page of Next. No stores found in your area.